Construction & Farm Equipment Appraisals
Do you need a construction or farm equipment appraisal? Machinery Scope can do a desktop appraisal or an on-site appraisal. Our experienced team follows USPAC standards and we are confident we can provide a high-quality, accurate equipment appraisal service for you.
Why Should I Get a Professional Appraisal?
- Farm equipment investment decisions
- Estate, trust, and retirement planning
- Farm (business) reorganization
- Equipment holding/leasing companies
- Divorce settlements
- Debt reorganization
- Limit tax liability
- And more!
Who Should Get an Equipment Appraisal?
- Farm owners and managers can utilize an equipment appraisal to determine the value of their equipment which is important when selling, estate/trust/retirement planning, during farm business reorganization, and divorce settlements, to name a few instances.
- Farm equipment dealers can find an equipment appraisal helpful to show an unbiased, fair market, value-based assessment of their inventory for the purpose of sales, trades, and financing equipment.
- Attorneys may want to use an equipment appraisal company to provide an unbiased, expert opinion on the value of equipment in cases with disputes over equipment ownership, businesses seeking damages for issues related to equipment, or when equipment is bought or sold within a business transaction. The appraisal could help ensure their clients receive a fair outcome in the case.
- Trust, estate, and retirement planners or administrators will find an equipment appraisal helpful to ensure farm equipment assets are being valued fairly for equipment being passed on or distributed and for tax and financial planning purposes of their clients.
- Lenders may want to have an equipment appraisal to determine the value of the farm equipment being used as collateral for a loan, and to ensure the loan amount is appropriate based on the value of the equipment.
- Insurance companies may want to get an equipment appraisal to determine the value of farm equipment for insurance purposes, including ensuring it is insured for the appropriate amount and to determine any wear and tear or damage that may impact the value of the equipment or insurance coverage.
- Accountants will find an equipment appraisal helpful for tax and financial planning purposes and to ensure the farm equipment assets are being valued accurately and follow accounting standards.
- Tax planners may want an equipment appraisal to determine the value of farm equipment assets for tax planning purposes, and to ensure these assets are being valued accurately and follow relevant tax regulations.
Machinery Scope Experience & Qualifications
- Our team has over 30 years of experience and has appraised over 25,000 pieces of farm equipment.
- We are accredited members of the American Society of Farm Equipment Appraisers.
- Real-world experience plus continuing education with the ASAA “Principals of Valuation” and the ASAA “Advanced Principles of Valuation” courses.
- Our appraisals follow the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- We are deeply involved in the construction and ag equipment industries, so we understand the challenges and nuances of the equipment and the complexity of the marketplace.
- We track and analyze market conditions on an ongoing basis.
Types of Appraisal Solutions
Desktop Equipment AppraisalsMachinery Scope can do an appraisal based on industry standards and trends in the equipment marketplace without ever being onsite with the equipment. Desktop equipment appraisals are a quick, easy, and cost-effective way to get a value on your equipment. We leverage TruePic technology to efficiently capture pictures of equipment while verifying the pictures’ time stamp, location, and authenticity (not altered, edited, etc.). This provides important validation for the appraisal. Many equipment owners use these values for decision-making throughout the year or as an assessment tool of the net worth of your operation from year to year. We suggest an appraisal of your core equipment on an annual basis. Desktop appraisals are timely, professional, and cost effective. Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 877-694-1138 to learn more about Machinery Scope and our appraisal solutions.
On-Site Equipment AppraisalsOur appraiser will travel to the equipment site to perform an assessment for an accurate determination of equipment value. Since no two pieces of used equipment are exactly the same, the onsite appraisal is a more detailed and accurate way to determine equipment values! We provide a professionally prepared and bound report that includes an explanation of the type of valuation approach utilized, the intended use of the appraisal, equipment descriptions, appraised value of each piece of equipment, comparable farm equipment used for valuation, and colored photos of the equipment. View a sample on-site equipment appraisal report.
We want to be of service to you. We are confident we will provide a high-quality, accurate appraisal service that exceeds your expectations.