The Powertrain group includes the following components which produce, transmit or control engine horsepower for propelling the machine:
The Powertrain + Hydraulic Systems group includes all components in the Powertrain group plus hydraulic systems parts and components associated with steering, rear wheel assist, and implement control: It does not include Auto-Steer, Suspension or Self Leveling components.
The Platform group includes all components in the Powertrain group + Hydraulic Systems group plus additional mechanical, electrical and structural components.
- Core engine (except hang-on attachments), Engine flywheel.
- Engine lubrication system (except oil and oil filter)
- Engine electronic control modules & sensors* (e.g., electronic control module – ECM)
- Turbo air induction & exhaust system (except muffler, hoses/tubes, exhaust stack & air filters).
- Engine water pump and water temperature regulator.
- Fuel injection components* (Injectors are limited to factory defects under 2000 engine hours but not covered for failure due to normal wear).
- Engine drive-line coupler, drive-line shafts, U-joints, transfer gears & differential.
- Transmission, transmission oil pumps, valves, controls & sensors.
- Final drives, mechanical drive axles (Factory installed) and non-powered axles (Except Auto-steer & suspension systems). Hydraulic components for rear wheel assist are covered under “HYDRAULICS” coverage.
- Hydro propel pumps, motors, controls, sensors & metal lines (Pumps and motors for Hydro-powered threshing cylinders on combines are not covered–they are considered part of Hydraulic System)
- Powertrain coverage includes the Engine power supply to the mechanical thrashing cylinder/rotor. Powertrain coverage stops at the end of the output shaft of the final gearbox/hydraulic motor that drives the trashing cylinder/rotor.
- Combine Reverser unit (limited to the unit and its internal components only)
- Power take off (PTO) components, contained within the axle casting.
- Electronic clutch on commercial mowers.
- Hydraulic pumps, oil coolers, motors, controls & sensors.
- Hydraulic valves, cylinders, accumulators, metal lines, filter bases.
- Engine starting aid, starter, alternator, air compressor & engine block heater
- Air conditioning compressor, evaporator, condenser, and connecting lines.
- Radiator, fan drive, coolant reservoir & coolant hoses/lines
- Air inlet/exhaust hoses/tubes (except muffler and exhaust stack)
- Fuel tanks & tank-attached fuel lines
- Auto steer (factory installed)
- Self-leveling systems (combines)
- Front-axle suspension (factory installed)
- Service brake system components (except friction pads/shoes and related wear parts)
- Cab frame enclosure, mounting, platform & suspension
- ROPS, FOPS and Back-up alarm
General Items COVERED by all Categories:
- WE will pay for replacement of necessary fluids, oils, greases, lubricants and approved A/C gases that must be replaced in conjunction with a covered repair. THIS COVERAGE DOES NOT APPLY TO SHOP SUPPLIES.
- WE will pay for reasonable, necessary and customary diagnostic charges incurred in conjunction with a covered repair, not to exceed the labor time listed in a nationally recognized parts and labor guide.
- Diagnostic time will not be paid when the needed repair is readily apparent to the normal senses of sight, touch, smell and/or sound.
- Diagnostic costs that will exceed $500 must be pre-approved by the Administrator.
- RELATED DAMAGE COVERAGE: WE will pay for the replacement of brake pads, belts and hoses that are damaged and require replacement as a direct result of a covered Mechanical Breakdown, providing more than 50% of life of the part, existed at the time of failure.